Wednesday, May 30, 2007

05-28-07 To Work

Greetings again from Damascus! Today is our first real day of work in the museum. Everyone is anxious to begin their projects. I’m here to photograph as many tablets as possible. This year there are six of us working in the museum. The tablets and other objects that we are studying are stored in a reserve room in the basement of the museum. We each begin our day by retrieving a tray of tablets and returning to the work room. The day always slips through our fingers quickly, with 9 a.m. turning to 3 p.m. in an instant. I spend my day hunched over a digital camera, while most of the others members squint at their tablets through magnification visors.

Now that work has begun, I’m afraid my posts will be much shorter. I will try to continue posting photos and the highlights from our daily adventures.

No comments: