Thursday, April 28, 2011

GF Pasta at Luigi's House in Aurora

Big thanks to Luigi's House restaurant in Aurora for carrying gluten free pasta!

It used to be really difficult to eat gluten free at Luigi's. I remember a waiter telling me (years ago) that I came to the wrong restaurant to eat gluten free. He went on to be very helpful in guiding me toward a salmon dish. But still, that was a pretty telling description of the restaurant.

So, we hadn't gone back in quite some time. Now, to my surprise, when there last night I discovered that they offer a quinoa and corn based angel hair pasta. The server was very helpful in describing which pasta dishes would be gluten free based on all the remaining ingredients. I had the peasant pasta, with some modifications. It was excellent. Can't wait to eat the left-overs tonight.

As best I can tell, Luigi's House and their parent company Portillo's is not on Twitter. Here they are on Facebook.

No comments: