Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Udi's Hotdog Buns Make Great Garlic Bread!

I stumbled into a great unintended use of the new Udi's gluten free hot dog buns: garlic bread! I was trying Caesar's gluten free gnocchi for the first time and I really wanted some garlic bread to go with it but I didn't have time to make anything from scratch.

Here's the quick fix. Pop your Udi's hot dog bun into your dedicated gluten free toaster. Toast them to your preferred darkness. I used the bagel setting on my toaster, which toasts only the open side of the bread and not the outside. After one and a half toasting cycles I adding some butter and garlic seasoning. Heaven! I was so surprised at how great these things turned out. I only prepared two pieces (using one hot dog bun). I think I could have eaten six.

No comments: