Sunday, February 27, 2011

Gluten Free Items Found (and not purchased)

While wandering around Caputo's Market (on Twitter) in Plainfield last evening, I found a few gluten free items that were new to me. I purchased some (to be blogged later) and not others. Here are the ones I didn't buy (this time). Kudos to Caputo's for clear and easy to find shelf labels for gluten free items!

 I had never seen these Goya cookies. As perhaps you can tell from the photo, the box is a heavy duty cardboard. Really bizarre for a grocery item. Anyway, it was a huge box for $6 if I recall. A product of Spain I think. I'd hate to judge a cookie by its cover, but these didn't seem too appetizing to me.

 A lot of pepperoni claims to be gluten free, but there are very few pepperoni sticks that are labeled as gluten free. I was happy to see this stick from Boar's Head. Caputo's had a wide variety of Boar's Head meats, almost all of which were clearly marked as gluten free.
 There was a wide variety of meat products from Greenbridge Farm that were marked as gluten free. The picture is of some Black Forest Kielbasa.
Caputo's also had a full line of sausages from aidells (on Facebook).

More to come on the interesting items I bought...

No comments: