Wednesday, February 23, 2011

GF Italian Potato and Sausage WIN

I stumbled my way into an amazing dinner last night.  I had been wanting to try two new gluten free products I found recently, Simply Potatoes Rosemary and Garlic Red Potato Wedges and Al Fresco Sweet Italian Style chicken sausages. So, I just tossed the potatoes and two sausages (sliced) in a skillet with some oil and sauteed until done. It doesn't get much easier than that.

The flavors complemented each other really well. Next time I may saute some minced garlic in oil before adding the potatoes and sausage.

Simply Potatoes is a product from Crystal Farms, which is in turn a Michael Foods company (twitter @michaelfoods). According to their website, all Simply Potatoes have been confirmed to be gluten free.


 These were the second flavor of Al Fresco sausages I have tried. Both have been great. All the Al Fresco sausages are gluten free EXCEPT the Mango Chipotle Chicken Sausage, which contains gluten in soy sauce. (Of course, they could use a gluten free soy sauce if they wanted to make the whole line gluten free!)


I can't wait to fix it again. That's usually the test for how much I like a new dish.

No comments: